Thursday, May 14, 2009




One of a number of photos of my hands- the full set is here-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28509471@N05/sets/72157612104631101/

This particular image might for a good starting point for The Garen City series. The hand here is an opened container, the shell is itself a home, much like a dwelling in a city.

Today was a very unsuccesful day in the print studio, the second such this week, and I need to start afresh. Oddly, it is often a relief to produce really poor work. It tells me, without equivocation, that I am on the wrong track. Merely mediocre work is much more difficult to learn from.

There is something immensely reassuring about the geometric orderliness of shells which I think might also provide me with a new direction for the Garden City series.

No comments:

Post a Comment