Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A nose like J Lo's



New Service Offered.

A new department has opened at Angeloni's giant flagship store in Florianopolis, Brazil.

This department can be found next to the cosmetics counter, just behind the cleaning products.

Angeloni's proudly claim that you can find a replacement here for any part of your body, with a range of over 1000 parts to chose from in a range of skin tones and sizes, both male and female.

I went there to find out.

I'd decided to replace one of my fingers, because I had managed to scald myself a few days earlier, and there was an unsightly red blister on my index finger.

After waiting in a long queue, I was greeted by a sweet-natured man, somewhat camp, not unlike a hairdresser.

He showed me their range of index fingers and I was able to find one that matched closely. "after a couple of weeks you won't notice the difference. They grow to match your skin tones, " he explained.

I remembered then that I also wanted to see his noses. The birthday of my girlfriend was approaching and she had often complained about her nose.

"I'd also like a long thin nose, " I asked.

"Jewish?"

"I was thinking of something more in the Roman line," I explained.

He had two sizes.

"Don't you have something a bid more like Jo Lopez?" i asked.

The sales assistant told me that an order was coming in in a week's time, "but we do an express delivery service".

This came as something of a relief as Danielle's birthday was in two days time. Angeloni's would gift wrap the nose and deliver i by special courier direct from the factory.

Together, the nose and the finger came to just $55.

No comments:

Post a Comment