Sunday, January 31, 2010

Papier-mâché birds - stage 2 - leg surgery

Bird with leg implantations.

I am using polyfilla to help make the birds' surfaces smooth for painting.

The Anatomy Lesson of Dr Bird

The birds observe the leg surgery: Woodpecker's abdomen has been opened: he will subsequently recieve the wire implantation, which will then be bent to form limbs.


The Consultant Surgeon and Assistant Surgeon discuss procedure.




The Birds do not always balance easily. This Hornbill has cheated using blu-tack to hold on. Perhaps I will need to made a little base for him- I hope not, as this strikes me as inelegant.

2 comments:

  1. This bird is very quaint. I followed you here from Flickr and have been enjoying your paintings and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ArtPropelled: I shall be posting more bird images later today, I think.

    All the best,

    TD.

    ReplyDelete