Saturday, May 15, 2010

Flowers in a glass, Flickr

Flowers in a glass, oil on card, 10.1 x 10.4 cm  SOLD

The first of a number of little still lives: these have been rather popular, mainly, I think, simply because they contrast with the run of landscapes. If one posts almost daily on Flickr (as I do) then it's probably advisable to vary style and theme to maintain interest.

I've also found that the public takes a great deal more interest if, in some way, the personality of the artist is somehow accessable though the postings- with autobiographical snippets, or images of the artists' home and self.

This, however is not something I wish to to- I simply don't want such an intimate relationship with the public, as such relationships that I have seen seem strange and imbalanced to me, and it strikes me too that they are founded on a false notion of art as primarily an autobiographical tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment