Thursday, August 4, 2011

London: Chelsea and Kensington: five paintings

*




 
Distant view of Kensington Palace, oil on card, about 10 x 11 cm  NOT FOR SALE





I love this side of London, it's spacious, clean and elegant. I love the way it slopes down to the river. It feels calm and orderly. I stayed with my beautiful friends Lise and Felix in Notting Hill Gate: the weather was perfect.

If these pictures are popular and there is clearly a market, then I should like to return to London to do a larger run.


I always think that I am in "Whsitler territory" when I wander down to Chelsea.







 Kensington Palace from near the Pond, oil on card, 10 x 12 cm  SOLD






 Battersea Bridge, oil on card, 10 x 12 cm





St Columba's Church, Chelsea, oil on card, 10 x 12 cm







Campden Hill Gardens, Notting Hill, oil on Card, 10 x 12 cm





Four of these pochades in their little carriers




*

No comments:

Post a Comment