Monday, September 19, 2011

Itaiópolis: a road trip

*


Church near the junction for Rio Negrinho, oil on card, 12 x14.5 cm   SOLD




I feel that my trip was a sucess, I painted six pictures, five of which are presentable, not a bad catch.

Itaiópolis itself is quite interesting, a city in two distinct parts, the old town with some good architecture from the turn of the century and the Polish church (the interior most beautifully painted), and the newer part which is less interesting but where most of the services are.

Driving around is very nice: I was delighted with the quality of the roads, and how pleasant the views are: the landscape undulates very beautifully between the sea and Itaiópolis, the little houses sitting so very gracefully among trees and hills.



 

A view north from Itaiópolis, oil on card, 12 x 9.8 cm






Shanty town near Rio Negrinho, oil on card, 9.8 x 13.9 cm






A section of BR101, oil on card, 8.6 x 12 cm





There is a certain sky effect which I have started using and which I must be careful not to let become a cliche.



*

No comments:

Post a Comment