Monday, October 15, 2012

Painting in Rome: bridges

*



Ponte Sisto, Rome, oil on card, 12 / 14 cm   SOLD





Ponte Sant' Angelo, oil on card, 14.1 / 18.8 cm







 Ponte Principe Amedeo di Savoia, Rome, oil on card, 13.8 / 8 cm





Ponte Mazzini, Rome, oil on card, 14 / 11.5 cm





 Ponte Cavour, Rome, oil on card, 14 / 16 cm





Ponte Margherita, Rome- the lonely cyclist, oil on card, 18 / 16 cm





Ponte Pietro Nenni, Rome, oil on card, 12 / 7 cm






 When I was last in Rome, two years ago, I painted the Pietro Nenni Bridge, and I wanted this time again to paint the bridges. I pursued this, semi systematically. The bridges offer a respite from the intense tourism of other places, the

I was in Rome in two short bursts, at the start and end of a wider Italian trip. The weather was more or less perfect, though I'd have been happier with something more sharply contrasting to Brazil's perpetual summer, something more surely autumnal. 




*

No comments:

Post a Comment