Monday, June 17, 2013

Tacuarembo, Uruguay

 Tacuarembo- a tree, oil on card, 12 x 15 cm




Tacuarembo- a college, oil on card, 11x 15 cm



Tacuarembo- a kiosk in the square, oil on card, 16 x 18 cm





Tacuarembo- in the park, oil on card, 10 x 14.5 cm



After a little hassle (the Brazilian Border office is some way from the Uruguayan) which could have been averted before hand with a little forethought, I drove along Uruguay's wonderfully empty roads to Tacuarembo, a country city, where I enjoy painting in the orderly squares and parks, in the exquisite Winter light.

I was, throughout my patch in Uruguay, impressed by the sense of orderliness and tidiness there, the absence of graffiti or public squalor, which is so apparent even in wealthier Brazilian cities.

The pictures here are  more freely painted, and those in my final leg, which I`ll show tomorrow were even more so.

*

I was very nicely treated by people here that I met at the opening of a little exhibition, especially Agustina Bulmii, who prefers to be called Negrita, and whom I wish to thank especially for showing me the murals in the radio station.

No comments:

Post a Comment