Friday, November 1, 2013

New York IV: painting in Central Park and Hudson River Greenway


 Central Park Symphony, oil on card, 15 x 12 cm  SOLD



The parks in central New York are magnificent. I was there to catch the first changes of the Fall: fantastically coloured Sycamores. The weather was sunny but not scorching. Central Park is amazingly varied in terms of types of spaces. It isn`t quite as big as people say, if you know the London parks, but it is quite something nonetheless.



Central Park, New York, autumn, oil on card, 10 x 13 cm  NOT FOR SALE



I always love the freedom from precision in drawing that painting nature gives after I have been painting buildings.






Trees, Hudson River Greenway, N.Y., oil on card, 12.5 x 12.5 cm



There is a huge Bonnard influence in these pictures,  a direct result of visits to the Metropolitan Museum nearby.

Central Park N.Y., woman in a red dress, oil on card, 12 x 16 cm  NOT FOR SALE



 Five from Manhattan`s parks

6 comments:

  1. For some reason I can't see two of the paintings, but the three I CAN see are all gorgeous with warm and sunny colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. I wish I knew why you couldn`t see two of the pictures.

      TD

      Delete
  2. Lovely series of paintings! I especially like the speckling of yellow in many of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Margaret. I can recommend spending the extra on cadmium yellow as it makes a considerable difference.

      TD

      Delete
  3. Quite an exhilarating series!
    Bravo in New York!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen, I enjoyed working there very much.

      TD

      Delete