Friday, January 31, 2014

A week in Salvador, part 3: the sea

*



A boat seen through a window, oil on card, 12.5 x 13 cm  SOLD





A coming storm, oil on card, 15 x 12 cm  SOLD





A picture of the sea, oil on card, 13 x 12 cm






The final set from my Salvador trip.

This is the last painting trip that I forsee making in Brazil outside driving distance of Florianopolis. This is because of the high cost of internal flights.

 I shall instead focus on visiting and knowing better the three southern states and their small towns through car trips to give me a breaks from Florianopolis.




This is the most overtly French set of pictures that I`ve made, with obvious links to artists such as Vuillard, Marquet and Matisse. That wasn`t conscious: it happened because Pierre Pophillat`s apartments carried a particularly French feel to me, and because a certain simplicity and calmness of atmosphere in Salvador lent me a destinctly French mood: Luxe, Calme et Volupté...



 *

Many thanks to  Pierre Pophillat for his kindess on this trip.



*

No comments:

Post a Comment