Saturday, February 22, 2014

Preparing for Morocco



I've tried to improve the carriers by standardising their sizes so they can be packed more easily, and increasing their depth so paintings are less likely to be damaged when they are closed. I`ve also made the interior sections black, to better show finished paintings. I have increased the average size of the boards to allow me to paint in a freer, looser style.

I`ll stay in Marrakesh for a week, then head off to the Atlas mountains, probably Ouarzazate, before returning to spend a week or so in the UK.

I`m hoping that the locals aren`t as annoying as they were in Egypt, where they harass tourists almost constantly. If they aren`t, and Morocco proves good for painting, I might consider spending longer there in future-  Brazil in summer is really too hot to go outside much, and the country tends to come to a standstill between Christmas and Carnival- I find this tedious.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment