Thursday, June 5, 2014

James McBey in Morocco; travel in late January 2015




This map is taken from the enjoyable book (below). I shall try to go to some of the same places next year. It`s delightful to be able to follow in the tracks of fellow Aberdonian painter. It seems he largely worked in cities near Tangier, none of which I have yet been to. 

But there is a difficulty with painting in the north of Morocco in winter, which is that it rains a lot. Given that, It might be better to spend only a few days there, sightseeing mainly, then proceed further south-west to paint in Meknes, Casablanca, El Jadida, Safi and Marrakesh and the mountains again.





Below is my schematic map of my big journey to escape the summer heat of Brazil and enjoy life and make art. I shall try to take about six or seven weeks away, and visit my sister and her family in the Loire, as well as London and Paris.



No comments:

Post a Comment