Sunday, September 13, 2015

Antonio Carlos, church

*


Antonio Carlos, church, oil on card, 16 x 18 cm




I drove around, led along a dirt road by a road sign with the word Rússia (who would not have been tempted?) and which led to an enchanting little valley in which a few houses nestled. But in the end I decided to paint the church of Antonio Carlos again.

I worked for an hour. The first picture came out heavily. I destroyed it. The second was blessed with the intelligence the first gave, however, and I painted the second with speedy delight. The afternoon was perfect, or would have been had it not been for the constant barking of dogs. 

Antonio Carlos is pleasant- very orderly for Brazil- with little flowers planted along the road verges, and tidy houses. I don't know what the residents feel about their disorderly compatriots, but I doubt it is respect. 


*

No comments:

Post a Comment