Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Pre-Christmas sale of pochades


*


Today's selection is from Santa Catarina and Sao Paolo state, with a foray to Italy.

These are from the first three years of my working in this small format: the colours are muted and  the effect is slightly romantic. I was much under the influence of Corot, one of the many wonderful traveler painters of the 19th century (a rich cultural phenomenon almost totally destroyed by photography) and this is most obviously reflected in the, perhaps stereotypical, image from Pompeii. 

I sometimes look back over work and think of returning to work in such a style, but I think that would in a creative sense be a mistake, an act of retreat. They do, however, renew my interest in travel, in places and describing the feelings that places evoke.





The road to Lagoa from Itacorubi, oil on card, 13.5 x 10 cm, 2013






A yacht, Sao Francisco de Sul, oil on card, 11 x 9.5 cm, 2012








Campos Novos, oil on card,13 x 11 cm, 2011






Pompeii, oil on card, 9.4 x 12.5 cm, 2010






 Creek with a horse, Florianopolis  oil on card, 12.5 x 7 cm, 2010






 A quiet street, Florianopolis, oil on card, 10.2 x 14.2 cm, 2010






yard at the back of a hotel, Serrana, 10.5 x 8.7 cm, 2012






Payment and postage


Payment is by direct transfer or cheque to  my UK or Brazilian bank accounts, or via Paypal.

 Postage costs an additional 15 pounds for up to four items.

 Allow up to 21 days for pictures to arrive, though often they come within 10 days.

*

 Please contact me with any queries: Tadeusz598@yahoo.co.uk

 ...or call me on 0055 48 9967 3041. I am on Whatsup.



*

No comments:

Post a Comment