Sunday, November 13, 2016

Pre-Christmas Sale


*

PRE-CHRISTMAS SALE



All the pochades on this site are for sale, at 75 UK pounds (or equivalent in other currency) each- a 30% reduction. 

They make beautiful gifts, and if ordered now will arrive in time for Christmas.

Today's selection from the archives comes from Rio Grande do Sul, Chile, Santa Catarina and Bolivia.





 Livramento, a road in the country, oil on card, 13.5 x 15 cm, 2013




Above and below: both painted in Rio Grande do Sul, that strangest of Brazilian states, on a road trip to Uruguay.  



 Santa Maria, view of a street from Venancia Alves, oil on card, 15 x 15 cm






 Valparaiso, beside Parque Italia, oil on card, 14 x 13 cm, 2012





 Sao Jose, Rio Marum, oil on card, 18 x 17 cm, 2013





 Tall pines, Urubici, oil on card, 14.5 x 18 cm, 2013





 A tree in Praca do Bombeiros, oil on card, 14 x 16 cm, 2014




It's funny how one's perceptions change about one's own work over time 

When I had just painted the pictures above and below I feltthat I'd made a real breakthrough- in the first case towards a boldly Japanese, graphic style, and in the second, to a method of description with flattened perspectives and simplified profiles, not unlike the work of Herge, in Tintin books. With hindsight, however, neither seem as radical to me now as they then appeared; either because I have now absorbed their lessons, or because they weren't really as dramatically new as I had then imagined., anyway.




La Paz, street with newspapers, kisok and cars, oil on card, 13.5 x 16 cm, 2014



*


Payment and postage


Payment is by direct transfer or cheque to  my UK or Brazilian bank accounts, or via Paypal.

 Postage costs an additional 15 pounds for up to four items.

 Allow up to 21 days for pictures to arrive, though often they come within 10 days.

*

 Please contact me with any queries: Tadeusz598@yahoo.co.uk

 ...or call me on 0055 48 9967 3041. I am on Whatsup.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment