Sunday, November 27, 2016

Pre Christmas Sale


Pre-Christmas Sale



I am pleased to announce a sale of all the pochades featured on this site are on sale until 15th December, in time for Christmas..

 They are reduced in price to 75 UK pounds, or other currency equivalent, a discount of over 30%. T

The pochades make fine Christmas gifts, being of a small size.


*


Here are some highlights, this time all from Brazil (Parana, Santa Catarina, and Rio Grande do Sul). They span the years 2010 to 2013- the first three years in which I began working in this small format.

 I went through various phases: the first works tend to be tonal and softly coloured with hazily described forms. These pochades are usually about 10 x 12 cm. Later I became brighter, more precise and larger. In 2015 I started working on a larger size (about 15 x 22 cm) .  In 2016,  missing the intimacy of the smaller format, I returned to it. I experimented increasingly with loose brushwork and a wider variety of paint effects in 2016.

The original conception of these pictures was to capture, intensely, a feeling in the places and times they were painted. I say feeling rather than impression because despite the fact that my methods were indeed impressionist,  my objectives were much more aligned with those of certain Scandinavian Symbolists. In other words, I wanted to play with mood and memory. Hence the importance of travel, a process in which the consequence of memory and mood  is heightened. Hence also, perhaps, the prevailing seriousness of tone in the pictures.

I frequently feel that I failed to do true justice to any of the places that I visited, and shall re-vsit all of them in the next few years.


*




 Curitiba: Hotel Roochelle Hotel Suite, oil on card, 14 x 10.5 cm, 2011






 Carnations 2, oil on card, 9 x 12 cm, 2013






 Ratones, a hillside, oil on card, 16 x 12.5 cm, 2013







 Santa Maria, near the goods yard, oil on card, 11 x 16 cm, 2013






 Sunshine, Celso Ramos, oil on card, 10.2 x 16 cm, 2010







 Red Boat, Florianopolis, oil on card,10.5 x 13.8 cm, 2011







A clump of trees on the dunes, oil on card, 13.5 x 10.5 cm, 2013







Payment and postage


Payment is by direct transfer or cheque to  my UK or Brazilian bank accounts, or via Paypal.

 Postage costs an additional 15 pounds for up to four items.

 Allow up to 21 days for pictures to arrive, though often they come within 10 days.

*


 Please contact me with any queries: Tadeusz598@yahoo.co.uk

 ...or call me on 0055 48 9967 3041. I am on Whatsup.




*

No comments:

Post a Comment