Thursday, January 26, 2017

Royal Academy Summer Exhibition 2017- my digital submissions

*




 Above 43rd St., Queens, N.Y., looking down, oil on card, 12.5 x 12 cm






Sea, late afternoon, Praia dos Ingleses, Brazil, oil on card, 13.5 x 11.5 cm






These are my submissions for the Royal Academy's Summer Exhibition in London.

From the sales perspective, I think showing pictures of Britain would be wiser, but  I have fairly few pictures from there. I'll digitally submit these paintings that I think are both good. and hope that their aesthetic qualities are sufficient to attract both d the hanging committee and buyers. And New York is popular among buyers, and the sea has a certain universality so....


But there is a fair chance neither are even accepted. There is an tiresome arbitrariness in this process.




*

No comments:

Post a Comment