Thursday, March 23, 2017

A visit to northern Peru- next year's itinerary and- part one - Lima

*
Well that`s clear: Peru in Summer is pleasant and a good place to go painting, except when it rains which it hardly did when I was there. So next time I will go there  for six weeks, cutting out Trujillo, and doing to the following-

Fly to Lima
Fly to Chiclayo 
Visit Lambayeque
Take the bus from Chiclayo to Chachapoyas
Stay in Chachapoyas Backpackers 
Visit Gopta waterfall.
Return: route uncertain.

*



Lima is a a big smelly place  and it is a place where I spent a week. I stayed in Miraflores, which is good for shopping and eating but rather easy-wipe clean and lacking a certain specificity. I mean, you could be just about anywhere that is reasonable pleasant.

So almost all my work was done in the centre which is a lot more interesting both architecturally and in terms of general atmosphere, with people selling all manner of stuff all over the place. I especially enjoyed the less touristy bits near the bullring and around Chinatown. They are quite filthy and full of odd things to see. 





Lima: Monserrate, oil on card, 13 x 16.5 cm






Lima, Barrio Altos, oil on card, 13 x 16 cm








Lima: la Victoria, oil on card, 12.8 x 13.2 cm







Lima: Callao, oil on card, 13.5 x 15.5 cm








Lima: Rimac, oil on card, 14 x 17.5 cm




*

No comments:

Post a Comment