A stack of carriers
Open carrier
Closed
I am slowly preparing for September's trip to Italy, with a new run of carriers. These are deeper and larger than previous carriers.
They are unpainted. I like the utilitarian brown, which I think contrasts happily with the contents. But, of course that means they are not so well protected against moisture. Perhaps I can varnish them.
This sort of craft work is therapeutic and makes for a pleasant escape from the sort of intellectual work I normally do.



.jpg)
Do you paint inside them, or take the pochade out? Looks like plenty of them are going to go with you. Nice.
ReplyDeleteHi Andrea,
DeleteI keep the pochade inside the carrier until the paint is dry. The galleries like the carriers so I use them to present the pictures too.
There's been some discussion about whther the carriers can be made a little more elegant, or if this is indeed even a good idea, as perhaps their rusticity is a valuable quality in itself.
All the best,
TD