That's lovely, reminds me a little of Katz whose work can also seem facile at first, yet when you look closer reveals the extent of observation - the patterns and colours honed down to simplicity. I'm actually working on a forest series just now, to capture the sense of energy and pattern in simple brushstrokes is challenging, it's easier to create detail!
I studied painting at Edinburgh University and Edinburgh College of Art in the 80`s. In 2002 Tadeusz won the Dedalo Award and, in 2016, the Anne Redpath Painting Award for a painting exhibited at the Royal Scottish Academy.
That's lovely, reminds me a little of Katz whose work can also seem facile at first, yet when you look closer reveals the extent of observation - the patterns and colours honed down to simplicity.
ReplyDeleteI'm actually working on a forest series just now, to capture the sense of energy and pattern in simple brushstrokes is challenging, it's easier to create detail!
Hi Rose,
DeleteYes, I do find Katz insipid. But I haven't seen many in the flesh so when I get the chance I'll take a closer look.
Forests are marvelous subjects- good luck with your work.
TD