*
Tarma, hills seen from the town, oil on card, 165 x 23 cm unavailable
Tarma: carnival, oil on card, 22 x 15.3 cm AVAILABLE
There`s a slightly sad atmosphere in this picture but then I think there is in the town, which has a slight provincial lostness about it.
Tarma, Hotel El Dorado, a bed with a chair behind it - sold
oil on card, 14.5 x 17 cm
Tarma is a small, pleasant town, cradled in high mountains a few hours up from Lima. I very much enjoyed my stay there. My hotel was an old handsome place and very good value.
My stay there, and my painting, was affected by the feeling that I was coming to the end of my trip and a certain languor accompanied me. I sought, unsuccessfully, to challenge this mood. Perhaps the three places I stayed in in the Andes were too similar, and I would have benefited from another, utterly different environment.
*



.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment