Saturday, July 14, 2018

Paintings from Santo Antonio; working

*



 Santo Antonio, view East, July,  oil on card, 17 x 20 cm






Santo Antonio, view North-East, oil on card, 21 x 24 cm






I tried to do some work here yesterday but it didn't work out. 

Whether a session works well or not is unpredictable and has a lot to do with my mood. It seems to be best if I'm a little tired but not very, so then I can settle into the motif. It helps to have to walk a little to the local. That gives something of the character of a pilgrimage to a session and focuses the mind.

 If I drink a lot of coffee before I'm agitated and can't settle. Having people around is always annoying, something which many seem not to understand. When people are watching it is irritating as what should be a ruminative process becomes transformed into a performance- I feel a pressure to oblige a viewer. Doubtless, stronger egos fare better.

It's good if the motif is fresh, but it is also good if the motif or location has been visited before, albeit far back enough for there to have been some changes either to the motifs, or to my stylistic approaches.



*

No comments:

Post a Comment