Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Gardens, Trindade; Ecuador; carriers

*




Gardens, Trindade, Florianopolis, oil on card, 21 x 24 cm unavailable




These larger pochades are less easy to get right as they demand a more sophisticated compositions. 

With this in mind, how many pictures can one reasonably expect to be successful in a week's painting, and therefore how many pochade carriers should I take to Ecuador?

Approximately a third of sessions are successful- the others can optimistically be regarded as "preparatory". So, with two sessions a day and fourteen a week, there will be five good pictures (if I am lucky) at the end of each week....which means I need only take about 15 carriers.

At the end of each week a few carriers can be "liberated" because the pochades inside them will be dry and can be removed.

All this matters as I like to carry as little as necessary when travelling.




*


No comments:

Post a Comment