Monday, August 3, 2020

Corrego Grande, a path; dots and lines; Paul Klee

*



Corrego Grande, a path, oil on card, 26 x 28 cm - duscarded



I`m attempting to use dots and simple lines and blocks for fun, to give a cryptic aspect to the picture. I set myself a challenge, a limitation on the sort of marks I can use. There seems something intrinsically humorous about the dot, I guess maybe because of how a dot can make such a strong impression despite being so little

.


I've been interested in the dot, or dab for a while but I think for some sessions I'll give it particular attention.

This kind of approach to painting is like trying to make a musical composition for certain selected instruments except I have the additional issue of representation. I guess it I`m following Paul Klee though I am not sure he worked much directly from nature.

I am continuing in the suburb that I visited last week. 

Today one of the residents brought me a plate of food for lunch- very kind.


*

Puzzle: can you find the man in the picture?


*

No comments:

Post a Comment