Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Doodle, some themes

*



1. detail from sheet a- face of a perplexed girl





2. detail from sheet a- tower





Above,  sheet a and below, sheet b- recent sets of doodles, done during lessons


These revisit familiar motifs- doodling is often t a leisurely perambulation round one's mind, and has an aspect of comfortable thematic repetition.

Some of these repeated motifs are:

1. the perplexed, but beautiful, girl's face; 
2. triangle, sometimes arranged to form towers or patterns
3. the severed leg and the tiny foot sock, usually sporting a short sock

As usual, I draw in black ball pen. I like a larger diameter ball as I prefer a thicker line and the occasional smudging that you sometimes get. The paper is standard photocopier paper. Doodles should be done as un-self-consciously as possible, and using nicer paper would militate against this. 






sheet a




3. detail from sheet b 
 severed leg, tiny foor with short sock





sheet b








*

No comments:

Post a Comment