I sleep in this room. I've slept here now for two weeks. But I've yet to recall any dream.
Do you think the dreams you have are connected to the former inhabitants of the places in which you are sleeping?
Perhaps I do. The idea needn't be mystical. It could be that the changes they made to the place impart an atmosphere or make suggestions to your unconscious mind. So, for instance, the marks on a door, the wear on a floor or how a window has a tiny crack tell a story of how they lived, and this story might unconsciously influence you and your dreams.
When, for the first time, I entered this place with the estate agent I immediately felt a neutrality about it, as if there was nothing to be cleared away: a spiritual blandness, which would make it easy for me to own and occupy. i thought, I can live here. Other places had a density, history.
In previous lives, I wanted a sense of a past in the places I live. But now I seem to be in another phase and I want newness, lightness, ease. I feel this place, this new place is some how free from, or even bereft of, ghosts. I dream less than I used to.
Nowadays I want to die into sleep with no moment to think on the pillow. So I stay up and listen to music until I am certain to be tired. I listen to jazz and sometimes classical but nothing too pompous or neurotic. I often go for simple melancholy singers like Bryan Ferry or Nat King Cole.
I do nothing but listen, with low lighting.
I am very keen on experiencing single sense activities, so my concentration is as much as possible on one thing. Partly this idea is relates to avoiding wastefulness, and because of respect for the music. It seems wasteful to play music and not listen. Yes, I know that`s an eccentric, even foolish notion, but I can`t escape it. And partly, single sense listening is just about more complete immersion in the sounds.
*
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment