*
A trip to São Bento do Sul: Part 4, Campo Alegre
Campo Alegre, houses and trees, oil on card, 28 x 26 cm available
I painted this quite quickly. I'd like to do more like this on a larger scale. I was inspired partly by those Hockney paintings of Hollywood Hills from the 1980's, such as "Nichol's Canyon". I love how the landscape is piled up in these pictures and how you can trace your way along roads snaking across the bright painted surface.
These are huge paintings over 2 by 1.5 metres. My efforts must be more modest: I simply don't have the space to store large paintings.
This was the last painting on a very intense painting trip: I hadn't been off the island painting for over a year. I've been using painting to explore Santa Catarina for a few years now- a process that can never end. But I feel I can gain at least a loose familiarity with much of the state.
Videira is the next likely destination. It's about 7 hours drive though. This a trip would have to take about three days to be at all worthwhile.
*
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment