Saturday, December 18, 2021

My Videira trip

 *

 

 
View from the Verde Vale Hotel, Videira, oil on card, 24.3 x 28 cm

 

 

 

 
View from the Verde Vale Hotel, Videira- detail
 
 

 

 

 
Near Rio do Sul, oil on card. 28 x 25 cm - available

 

 

Videira

 

 Videira sits in a charming valley. They have made the area along the river where there were railway lives quite pleasant to stroll and have snacks. 

Otherwise, there is the usual Brazillian higgledy piggledy architecture, a big building next to a small and nothing hormonious in the least, all made of ticky-tacky, nothing of distinction. They have built is to that the main street closes the river below from the view of drivers and pedestrians there.

The town seems to be full of young people. It's fairly friendly, though my  hotel was one of the most anonymous I've ever stayed in.

 Everything closes on a Monday.

 I got confused and not quite lost coming back. There are few road signs.

 I returned via Blumenau: the roads are basically a hell, single lane with endless speed checks, roadworks, speed bumps, and often slow because of a single truck trundling at a snails pace, a huge line of cars weary behind. Traffic from Blumenau through to Balneario is even worse, and made more hateful stilll by rain and rotten lighting.

 The trip exhausted me. I'm now wary of doing a second, longer one, to Caixas do Sul, in mid-January. Let's see.

 

*

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment