Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Santinho, September, almost raining

 *

 

 
Santinho, September, almost raining, oil on card, 29.5 x 27.7 - unavailable
 
 
 
 
 

 
Santinho, September, almost raining- detail



This is the second of my painting trips here- it is not really so far, but it's often windy, and sand and paint make an unhappy combination so I hesitate before coming.

 But it's a striking location giving an extraordinary view of two bays from a variety of heights formed by dunes and strange hillocks- the effect is rather cubistic.

 Ergo, more visits.


*


Liquin impasto


I've been using this with most works lately, sometimes balancing it with linseed oil; I like the oatmeal effect it has. 

It is made by Winsor and Newton and comes in a tube, having the consistency (more or less) of toothpaste. It speeds drying times quite dramatically, making transportation of paintings easier.

I usually mix it into white, as I use white with most of the paints, and thus some Liquin will be present in almost the entire painting.



*


No comments:

Post a Comment