*
My walk to the sea, part 3/4: bollards and/or vases
I reach the commercial street that runs parallel to the sea. Here, the atmosphere is livelier, with shops selling items for tourists as well as restaurants, clothing shops and local services. My attention was drawn by these vases, which I find a little bizarre. I think what is odd about them is how much care has been taken to make and maintain them, yet how incongruous their constituent elements are.
They are so very purposefully constructed yet so unnecessary. They do make an interesting contrast to the abandoned items seen in previous photos. Do they, perhaps, have an erotic significance?
11.
These stand, six in total, flanking a parking area serving a dental surgery, among other services. There is also a lady rummaging in a bag. There are many women in Canasvieiras. Perhaps women like Canasvieiras more than men? Or perhaps the men go away somewhere during the day, to work, and only come back late at night after dark, arriving unseen?
12.
13.
*
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment