Thursday, May 23, 2024

Aberdeen: in Mannofield; places to paint in Aberdeen

 *

A view from a first floor window, Mannofield
oil on card, 10.7 x 22 cm - available






A view from another first floor window, Mannofield
oil on card, 19.2 x 21.5 cm - available



I have dedicated the last month and more, to surveying Aberdeen and locating subjects, where I have painted black and white pictures. Thus, with minimal kit on my bicycle, I can get an idea of what to work on over the summer.

 I will do this preparatory work until the end of May. 

Some of these black and white pictures are satisfactory as ends in themselves, I believe.


*

The places I have identified are: 

1. The sea

2. The old railway line

3. King Street and tenements nearby

4. Bridges on the Dee and Don

5. Duthie Park

6. Cruickshank Botanical Garden

7. The Green and the surrounding streets

8. Warehouses near the port

9. Garages and back lanes in Broomhill and Ruthrieston  

10. St Machar`s 



*




No comments:

Post a Comment