*
View from The Croft, Elgin, oil on card, 10 x 12 cm SOLD
Elgin Cathedral, oil on card, 10 x 12 cm - available
Elgin Cathedral, oil on card, 10 x 12 cm - available
The Spey Bay, oil on card, 10 x 12 cm SOLD
Fochabars, oil on card, 10 x 8 cm AVAILABLE
Gatehouse to Craigellachie Castle, oil on card, 10 x 12cm AVAILABLE
The Spey near Ballindalloch, oil on card, 10, x 11 cm SOLD
I spent a week walking the Spey way. I walked up to the Spey Bay from Elgin, the followed the river down to Aviemore, getting lost a few times and spending the night in various Bed and Breakfasts and hostels.Painting-wise the trip was good, but the romantic idea of walking and painting as I went, was less happy in reality.
This is because:
1. carrying a rucksack- which happened to break on day two is very tedious
2. my shoes started to cut very badly into my heels
3. Scotland in the rain is not a good place to be when you are walking on a hillside
4. packing and unpacking every night and morning gets annoying.
Better conceived was the Christmas trip to the mountains earlier this year, when I stayed in the same place and made daily excursions with just a little bag.
I shall adapt trips in future to this model. It means one has the chance to do a reconaissance of a place, then return to where is good. If one is following a linear track that doesn`t happen, unless one walks back- something which i find psychologically well nigh impossible. It also is better socially because you can get to know people sometimes at your lodgings, and it is nice to chat to someone after a solitary day painting.
*






.jpg)
Parabens toddy! suas pinturas estao dom.
ReplyDeleteMuito obrigado Larry.
ReplyDeleteTD