Friday, September 21, 2018

Ecuador 2019- definitely this time

*

Ecuador, the Rough Guide and other travel essentials




I did it. I managed to find cheap-ish tickets- it's weird but getting two returns- from from Florianopolis to Sao Paulo  and another from from Sao Paulo to Quito is considerably cheaper than one return flight from Florianopolis to Quito- even though it is with the same airline. I just have to hope there aren't delays on connecting flights. 

It is a pity that Sao Paulo is such an unpleasant city as it would be nice to break the Brazilian leg of travel somehow. 

This time the trip is about six weeks and is the longest I've ever done. That makes me a little anxious, though I don't think the difference between the five of last year is significant either psychologically or economically. One certainty is that it would be far too hot here in Florianopolis to do anything much other than sit around complaining about the heat or the influx of tourists blocking the roads with traffic jams.

I'll follow the Andean route described in the previous Ecuador post, back in September 2017. From what I hear Cuenca is an extremely agreeable city.



*

No comments:

Post a Comment