Tuesday, February 19, 2019

My fourth Peru trip- Arequipa

*





Arequipa, gardens, oil on card, 22 x 25 cm  unavailable




This was painted from Ponte Grau or the park by Avenida Bolognesi.

I had an idea of painting more of the gardens here- they are rather formal, with a somewhat fussy planting.

Arequipa is a civilised place, good for reading and lunch, and necessary as a stop off before heading into the mountains. The light is often rather hazy, especially this time of year, and not much fun for painting.



*


2 comments:

  1. Excellent painting, Arequipa and other areas of Peru can be used a lot for art having iconic and historical scenes of humanity, I hope to see more paintings of this country, like machu pichu for example.
    https://viajareaperu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alide, I do intend to return to Peru, which I love. Covid 19 has, sadly, made planning any sort of trip near impossible. When the situation improves I will return; many thanks for the link. TD

    ReplyDelete