Saturday, July 4, 2020

Andalucia, Parque Natural Sierras Subbéticas; tourism

*


Most of Andalucia





I continue with a post-COVID-19 Spanish plan: the Andalucian plan, which involves flying to Malaga, which can be reached with a direct flight from Aberdeen, Scotland where I will first visit.

Previously I had thought of going from Malaga to Seville and then to a national park (Hornachuelos) north west of there.

But  the Parque Natural Sierras Subbéticas is only and hour and a half north of Malaga, halfway to Cordoba, and quite spectacular. I could stay in Zuheros. That would cut out some travel time. 

After a week or so painting there I could continue to Cordoba, explore that, then even Seville, Cadiz, Granada or Jaen. The region is extremely rich culturally.

But I confess that I tend to find a lot of must-see places quite tiring, even disappointing. However galmourous they might be, the heavily mediated experience of tourist sites with and their bossy notices, combined with queues of other tourists and historical explanations, wearies me.

A trip that includes too many of these becomes tiresome. I feel that I am scoring things off a list to silence people who will question me about them on my return

So perhaps just one of these Heritage sites should be included in any week-long period.



*



No comments:

Post a Comment