*
Paintings from Glasgow
A bridge over the River Kelvin, oil on card, c. 28 x 24 cm unavailable
This, above, was photographed in its carrier and you can perhaps make out the pegs holding it in place/
A synagogue, Glasgow, oil on card, c. 18 x 22 cm aVAILABLE
My last picture was painted from the south side, specifically Cook Street, on a brilliantly sunny day.
Warehouse, Cook street, oil on card, c. 24 x 29 cm - unavailable
My time painting in Glasgow was hampered by rain- a real pity as I would have enjoyed having had more time to explore this strange city, so full of absences, in painting. Ergo, I spent my time in Art Galleries and wandering around. I shall post some photos of these visits later.
But all the trips are incomplete, necessarly so, every place having an infinity of facets and my own subjectivities varying besides. For this reason I have been exploring fewer and fewer completely new places, instead revisiting to add to existing explorations.
In the context of such thoughts, I question the upcoming Ecuador trip, wondering if it might be wiser to go back to Peru to revisit previous locations. There is an additional argument for revisiting, which is that a large part of what is stressful about travel revolves around basic matters such as finding hotels, orientating oneself and suchlike, and these travails are lessened.
I am a rotten traveler and dislike much of the experience. But I`d rather travel than stagnate artistically or in character .
But all the trips are incomplete, necessarly so, every place having an infinity of facets and my own subjectivities varying besides. For this reason I have been exploring fewer and fewer completely new places, instead revisiting to add to existing explorations.
In the context of such thoughts, I question the upcoming Ecuador trip, wondering if it might be wiser to go back to Peru to revisit previous locations. There is an additional argument for revisiting, which is that a large part of what is stressful about travel revolves around basic matters such as finding hotels, orientating oneself and suchlike, and these travails are lessened.
I am a rotten traveler and dislike much of the experience. But I`d rather travel than stagnate artistically or in character .
Please note that as these pictures are in Scotland, and I forgot to measure them, I have only approximate sizes for them. The margin of error is low, however..
*




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment