Saturday, September 28, 2019

British trip- Oban

*

Oban


Oban, afternoon, September, in carrier oil on card, c. 28 x 24 cm   SOLD





My painting above is shown as it was displayed in it`s carrier at the recent exhibion in Gallery 5595, Portobello. The carriers are very popular with viewers.






Oban, evening September 2019, No. 2,
 oil on card, 21 x 17.2 cm unavailable





Oban, morning, oil on card, c. 21 x 17. cm (available)




The rain and wind were so bad in Oban, so much so that I was more or less confined to my bed and breakfast room except for occasional excursions for meals.

All this was something of a pity as the surrounding landscapes are quite magnificent and the town itself is charming.

I painted the following, however from the comfort of my room, very much in the way of Monet, following the times of the day. Usually I don't think of myself as a painter of light effects. I think of myself as more attentive to colour and shapes, so to work from this position is a little unusual for me.



*

No comments:

Post a Comment