*
My walk to the sea, part 1 / 4
Circa 10 am, Tuesday, 25 October 2022: I was feeling quite well, quite relaxed I'd say, for no particular reason.
I had, however, begun the day in a mood of moderate irritation- thankfully, somehow, that passed.
I made a decision to follow world events- principally in Ukraine and Russia, but also in China, less closely, as these events have been making me feel anxious and are, besides, beyond my control. I`ll still watch the news, but I`m standing back.
I drank four cups of coffee and resolved to begin this little photo- writing project.
It`s a project showing pictures taken on a walk from my place to the sea, through Canasvieiras, a resort on the north of the Island of Santa Catarina.
1.
Empty street with, shadows, motorcycle, car, wall, sky, unruly trees
This is one of those streets you find yourself walking quite briskly down. It seems more natural to walk in the middle of the road, for some reason. You'll never see another person here. The trees have been left to follow their own desires. It all feels rather abandoned but not unpleasantly so.
2.
Smallish twig
Some twigs I feel drawn to pick up: not this one. I looked closely and found something unappealing, even distasteful, about it. Perhaps I felt, unconsciously, that I might get some kind of disease from it. In addition, I don't like rough tarmac like this. It isn't a nice surface on which to find things. Maybe if I had seen the twig on a smooth, more appealing surface I'd have been more attracted to the idea of picking it up.
3.
Front lawn with two balls. Extensive cloud.
I never see people here. There are two balls. Maybe the residents come at out night and play and obscure game with two footballs? Who knows?
4.
An accumulation of twigs and other natural litter that has accumulated at the base of a harled wall.
Again, there is something about this I find disturbing, chaotic.
5.
A woman with a baby, two cars, a dog and another pedestrian. Also, a large tree.
I do not know why but I more often see women in this network of streets than men. They are usually between twenty-five and fifty. Many are walking dogs.
I don`t know if the lady is the owner of the dog or the baby.
*
No comments:
Post a Comment