*
My walk to the sea, part 2 / 4
In this second set, the streets become more urban, a little desolate even, and I feel a disconnect with the others I pass. There are few cars: there is absence and unease. I pass blocks inhabited by the unseen. Just the presence of abandoned objects gives some sort of clue.
6.
Street with a strange feel.
When I say strange here, I mean I feel as if it is full of "presences". I do mean than in a supernatural sense- like ghosts or the traces of previous pedestrians. I sense something malign here.
7.
Peculiar looking fellow holding flower, basket
I can't say what this man is up to. The flower basket beside the blue wall is typical Canasvieiras: that is, yet another object found lying aimlessly by the side of the road. There are so many such items -mainly abandoned pieces of furniture but also odd bits of clothing (something I find unpleasant, disturbing even) - that one can't help but feel that something is going on.
8.
The pavement has begun to disintegrate. I don't know how it has happened. It doesn't seem to be disintegrating in a way that suggests normal usage. It looks as if someone has tried to hack it up. But what is it with those pieces of tarmac?
9.
Hole in a perimeter wooden fence
I love this peeping through thing. Who in all truthfulness can deny that they also love an occasional peep? But they, those within are inviting it. Why? Why construct a wooden fence of solid pieces then cut a little hole in it like this? Why do they want me to peep? They want to be seen but not to see the seer.
I don't understand.
10.
A man repairing the fence of a block, a concrete mixer/cannon in the courtyard behind
There is a fine cannon in a de Chirico painting, The Philosopher`s Conquest, in Chicago.
*
No comments:
Post a Comment